Tuesday, July 6, 2010


Today when I arrived at the garden, I noticed something moving in one of the raised beds. I got closer, and a fat little rabbit bolted out from under the parsley, ran half-way up the hill, and then turned around to look at me. He seemed be thinking "hmmm, I wonder if this pesky human is going to be here long?"

"Bad rabbit!!!" I yelled at the top of my voice, running after it until it disappeared into the woods. I gave it a few loud dog-bark imitations for good measure, but he sure did not seem adequately scared....

Thankfully, I did not notice any nibble damage, which is quite surprising.... hmmm. We shall see.

Needless to say, if you see any rabbits hoping around campus, they are NOT cute, furry, sweet, little creatures. They are the enemy. So make sure you let them know that they garden is not their dinner table. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment